The value of a person-centred approach in health and care is increasingly recognised – much has been written about what it is and why it is important. However, it is less clear how to develop the workforce to put this into practice – which is the purpose of this framework.
The framework launched in July 2017 and comprises the following subject areas:
- Core communication and relationship building skills
- Step 1. Conversations to engage with people
- Step 2. Conversations to enable and support people
- Step 3. Conversations with people to collaboratively manage highest complexity and significant risk
- Delivery of training, education and learning opportunities
- ‘Enablers’ for embedding a person-centred approach
Download the framework
Registration of interest
By registering your details, you will be informed of any future activities to support implementation of the framework (development of resources, evaluation or updates).