Effective from 25th May 2018
Who we are:
We are the Workforce Development Trust Ltd (WD Trust), a registered UK charity. The Workforce Development Trust incorporates: Skills for Health, Skills Platform, Skills for Justice, SFJ Awards and People 1st International.
WD Trust is also licensed as the Sector Skills Council for Heath by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills.
Data Protection Manager, Workforce Development Trust, Vertigo, Cheese Lane, Bristol BS2 0JJ. Telephone: 0117 922 1155.
Data we collect
From our websites and online services we may collect the following information:
- Contact details – such as name, title, email and mailing addresses, phone numbers
- Organisational details – organisation name, job title
- IP address, geographic location
- Usernames, encrypted passwords and other unique identifiers
When using some of our services, we may collect the following information in addition to the above:
- Learning & Consultancy Services – Details of your nationality, date of birth, competences, qualifications and training booked/undertaken, along with details of employment or apprenticeship placements
- Rostering – Details of your working hours, scheduled activity, payroll, competences and absence information
How we use your data
We may use your information that we collect to:
- Provide a service
- Send you communications about a service
- Deal with service requests
- Administer an account
- Send you promotional and marketing communications
- Respond to queries
- Help you interact with us
Processing your data
We process your information using one of the following lawful bases:
- Consent to provide you with marketing and communications and to publish customer reviews, testimonials or case studies
- Legitimate interest: Selling and supplying our services, promoting our services, understanding our customers behaviour, activities and preferences, ensuring the security and integrity of our services, handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Contract – providing you with a service
- Legal obligation – where we need to hold your data to comply with the law
How we share your information
In order to deliver our services we may share your data within the WD Trust group of companies, and with third party vendors and outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out business activities. We only share data where required and only for the specific purposes listed above. Where we act as a reseller, we will share your data with the service provider in order for them to deliver the service. We never sell your data to third parties.
International transfer of data
We endeavour to store personal information within the EU wherever possible, but in some cases information may be transferred internationally where there is a technological requirement or third party service provider. In these cases, we will ensure that third party providers provide adequate safeguards to protect that data.
Manage or delete Personal Information
If you would like to be removed from our database or check the information we store about you, please contact us using the details above. In some cases we may not be able to action requests. This may be because we have a legal or statutory obligation to retain the data, or that we are only the ‘data processor’, in which case we will direct you to the ‘data controller’ to deal with your request.
We use third party software for analytics, information is collected and transmitted to the analytics provider. We may then use this information to compile statistical reports and evaluate how our websites, products and services are used. In some cases, this information may be used to provide a personalised experience for you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
If you wish to restrict or block cookies and similar technologies, you can do so via your browsers settings. Please refer to the help function of your browser for details on how to do this.
For more information about cookies please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website and online services.
We are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alterations, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold.
Our security measures include:
- encryption of our services and data
- regularly reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures
- restricting access to personal information to only employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to contractual confidentiality and processing obligations
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees